Rephrasing exercise on Conditional Clauses


·        We didn't see The Martian because the cinema was closed.
       If the cinema hadn´t been closed, we would have seen The Martian

·        She doesn't understand because you haven't explained the situation to her.
       If you explain the situation to her, she will understand
      If you explained the situation to her, she would understand
      If you had explained the situation to her, she would have understood

·        You won't get a promotion if your work doesn't improve. (unless)
       Unless you improve your work, you won´t get a promotion

·        I never eat octopus because I get sick.
       If I eat octopus, I get sick
      If I eat octopus, I´ll get sick

·        We didn't pick you up at the station because you didn't phone us.
     If you had phoned us, we would have picked you up at the station

·        The government won't win the elections unless they create employment. (if)
       If the goverment don´t create employment, they won´t win the elections

·         I'll buy I new computer when I get a rise in salary.
         If I get a rise in salary, I will buy a new computer

·        She wanted to buy that picture, but she didn't have enough money.
        If she had had enough money, she would have bought that picture

·        Whenever I make a promise, I keep it.
        If I make a promise, I keep it
       If I make a promise, I ´ll keep it

·        We haven't got any matches, so we can't light a fire.
       If we had some matches, we could light a fire

·         I didn't renew my subscription because I lost interest in the magazine's articles.
       If I hadn´t lost interest in the magazine´s articles, I would have renewed my subscription

·        He was too slow to win the race.
        If he hadn´t been too slow / If he had been faster, he (could/would) have won the race

·         I won't go to Rio unless I find a cheap flight. (unless)
        Unless I find a cheap flight, I won´t go to Rio

·        I never sunbathe because I get sunburt easily.
        If I sunbathe, I get sunburnt easily
        If I sunbathe, I´ll sunburnt easily

·        She will ask you to repeat in case you speak too fast.
       If you speak too fast, she will ask you to repeat

·         He won't come for a drink because he's got work to do.
        If he didn´t have / hadn´t work to do, he would come for a drink

·        She's too young to get a driving licence.
      If she was/were older, she would get a driving licence

·        They lost the match because of the heavy rain.
       If it hadn´t rained heavily, they wouldn´t have lost the match 

·        Whenever Peter and I meet, we talk about the good old times.
              If Peter and I meet, we talk about the good old times.
             If Peter and I meet, we´ll talk about the good old times.

·        Will you see Paul? Tell him about the meeting.
       If you see Paul, tell him about the meeting



Carmen María

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario