11th of November - Remembrance Day


The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, 1918,  marks the signing of the Armistice and the of World War One after more than four years.

Remembrance Day, also known as Poppy Day, on the 11th of November, is a special day to remember those who were killed during the two World Wars and other conflicts. On this day, it is traditional to wear an artificial poppy. 
poppy icon

Last year, 888,246 ceramic poppies decorated the Tower of London, each poppy representing a British fatality during the first world war. I was lucky to be there and capture it with my camera. This is one of the pictures I took...





Finally, I´d like to thank Olga N. (4th B Secondary) for sending me a video about this exhibition! 


Carmen María

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario