U2

I was quite surprised this morning when my students told me that they hadn´t ever heard about the band U2...




Well, U2 are an Irish band formed in Dublin in 1976. Their members are Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Barry Mullen Jr. Bono has long been involved in a variety of causes outside of U2. He travelled to Ethiopia, Central America, has toured as part of the Amnesty International benefit tour, he campaigned with Greenpeace, drew attention to the conflict in Bosnia, he has tried to end AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa and cancel Third World debt, etc. All these initiatives have earned Bono numerous honours and awards and has at least two nominations on separate occasions for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Here you have their song "I still haven´t found what I´m looking for." You´ll find many sentences with present perfect tense in them.

Carmen María

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario